Little League has contracted with JDP to run Volunteer Background checks!
As of March 1 of 2019, Little League will be using JDP as the vendor to run volunteer background checks. This new relationship solves the issue that we have had with needing volunteers to provide their SSN on a hard form. The new system will allow each volunteer to access the online system and input all this information on a secure website and then submit the information to be run and results sent to BELL.
Here is the new process:
1) Volunteers will submit the form below to me
1B) Coaches you can text me the names and email of your volunteers
2) I will submit names and emails to the JDP system
3) The prospective volunteers will receive an email with a link to the JDP site to complete the Online Volunteer form
4) Once the form is completed and submitted, BELL Officials will run the checks
5) That is it, no unnecessary risks of private information being out there.
I have attached a tutorial video provided by JDP to further allow you to understand the process. The 1st video is what, the league will do and the 2nd is what the volunteer will need to do.
JDP Background Check Process: